Alabama Criminal Attorney Ready to Rise to Your Defense
Experienced Mobile lawyer with a track record of successful defense
If you or a loved one has been arrested, the stakes can be extremely high. At Hays Law Firm, LLC, we help clients resolve criminal cases that may seem overwhelming. Principal attorney Kevin Hays, a fifth-generation Mobilian with more than 25 years of practicing law, has represented hundreds of clients in state, federal and municipal courts in federal, state and municipal courts in Alabama, achieving favorable results for defendants in a range of criminal matters. Our top priority is ensuring you have effective assistance of counsel throughout the judicial process.
Criminal law advocates offer cost-effective rates and flexible scheduling
Choosing the right attorney is the first step toward mounting an effective criminal defense. Clients throughout Alabama who have entrusted our firm to defend them have found that we:
- Concentrate solely on criminal law — Our practice is 100% criminal defense. We know the local courts and prosecutors and have a strong reputation for our knowledge, preparation and skill at negotiation.
- Offer flexible scheduling — We are here to serve our clients and that means accommodating their busy work and life schedules. We are prepared to meet at the time and place most convenient for you.
- Provide cost-effective rates — We understand how unsettling a criminal charge can be. We offer affordable rates, and fixed-fee arrangements are also available.
When you are facing criminal charges, you have constitutional and legal rights. Skilled in the Alabama criminal defense process and in federal criminal proceedings, we will assert those rights and zealously protect them.
Responsive, strategic criminal defense for Alabama clients
Our firm will help plan a criminal defense that can afford you the best possible chance at beating or reducing the charges against you. Our firm delivers aggressive advocacy in such areas as:
- DUI/DWI — Alabama DUI/DWI law is complicated and prescribes severe penalties. But a charge is not a conviction, and retaining an experienced attorney can help you avoid a conviction or mitigate the penalties imposed.
- Drug crimes — We are committed to providing effective legal assistance for all levels of drug crimes, from first-time marijuana possession to felony drug-trafficking charges.
- Domestic violence — When certain crimes are committed against spouses, family members or others with special relationships with the accused, the crime of domestic violence can also be charged. These cases often involved special handling by courts and prosecutors, and we are fully familiar with how to defend them.
- Sex crimes — Conviction of a sex crime can result in a prison sentence, lifetime registration as a sex offender list and ostracism by friends and co-workers.
- Violent crimes — A felony conviction for a violent crime carries a minimum prison sentence of five years, but we are skilled at negotiating reduction of charges.
- Property crimes — Charges of theft and other property crimes can often be resolved by restitution and by diversion programs for first-time offenders.
- White collar crimes — If you have been accused of fraud, embezzlement, identity theft or other white collar crime, you will get the aggressive legal defense you need.
Hays Law Firm, LLC has more than two decades of experience focusing on criminal law and has a strong track record of successful court decisions. We can help you through the criminal court process, protecting your rights at every stage.
Contact an experienced Alabama attorney for a free initial consultation
If you’re facing a criminal charge, Hays Law Firm, LLC in Mobile will come to your defense promptly and effectively. Please call 251-378-2720 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation.